Monday, November 3, 2008

The first Web 2.0 winner I'd like to highlight is Im Cooked. This site allows users to film themselves cooking recipes and upload videos to the site. I have always wanted to host a cooking show - maybe this is my way in to the biz!

Another site I found that is perhaps more relevant to global education is called Mango Languages. I have not yet registered, but it appears that you can learn Brazilian Portuguese, French, Japanese, Russian, Greek, Italian, and more! The most exciting part is that the site connects you with native speakers of the language you are learning - this seems a most effective way to learn. It does appear that the site provides many free features but upgrades cost money.

2 comments:

Julia and Patrick said...

I love both of these, although I was a bit frustrated with the limited info you could find out on the language site. Too bad you have to sign up to really see what is available. The cooking one is hilarious. Funny to see people roping their kids in as "guest chefs." Imagine...this could be Panda's debut as a "guest taster."

Unknown said...

Thanks for the Im Cooked resource! I love to cook and think this site will come in handy. Another great site I found for language and exam learning is edufire.com.